November 12, 2011

Hunt family pre-1970

Lloyd Hunt, Myrl Lavendar, Cal Hunt, Fawn Michaelsen and my dad, Warren M. Hunt

We moved into our Granger home when I was five or six years old. Dad built a large bedroom and bath onto the back of the house (behind Chinese Elm Tree) around 1964. We built our 1960s "bomb shelter" underground food storage cellar behind the garage (behind Willow tree) and planted grass all over it. Notice the clothes dryer to the left. This is looking from about 3/4 the way back of the yard. Off to the left (south) is a garden that was about 1/2 the size of the lawn area. We played a lot of football (touch) on this yard and baseball (before we put up the fence on the property line on the north side between us and Grants.

Troyleen Hunt (Wilson) ready for one of her many prom dances in high school while I was away on my mission.

Rendall, Rhonda and Merrill Hunt at a brithday, probably Rhonda's first. Notice the classic orange chairs and foot rest. They were the best. The round wood table was previously owned by Grandma Butt. Merrill and Vicki Hunt inherited it later.

Warren M. Hunt with his three youngest children posing in front of our home in Granger. Probably taken in 1970 while I was on my mission. Notice the large willow tree and the end of the 1959 Ford Fairlaine that I ended up using after my mission and during the first couple years back at BYU.

Rhonda Hunt napping in front of Mom's favorite orange chairs around 1970.

Dad & Mom took the youngest kids to Temple Square while I was on my mission.

Rendall and Trena Hunt under the pretecting hands of our Savior. Cute kids!

This is the family Butt reunion held around Thanksgiving at Pioneer Hall in West Jordan in 1967. Grandpa Albert Butt is at the head of the table (bottom) and Grandma Leona Butt is at the other end of the table (top). Clayton Butt is at Grandpa's right, and Clifford is at Grandpa's left. I believe I'm at the end of the right table facing the camera in a white shirt and tie.

Starting from the left: Vivian and Doris, Ray and Marge, Raio and Idella, Warren and Lorraine, Clifford and Margaret, Albert and Leona, David and Elaine, Clayton and Alice. Taken at Thanksiving dinner 1967 at Pioneer Hall in West Jordan. We later used the hall many times for Hunt Mysteries rehearsals, dress rehearsals and once for a West Jordan Chamber of Commerce performance.

Thanksving dinner 1969 at Myrl Lavendar's home in Granger while I was on my mission. Kim Lavendar Baird in front at left, Fawn, Coy, Max, Vicki Hunt, Merrill and Warren. Lorraine is just barely out of the picture.

Rhonda Hunt at Christmas time 1969 at her grandma Hunt's home in Granger. 

Stacy up on the counter in the trailer that her family lived in for several years while Merrill worked for Kennecott Exploration. For awhile, the trailer was parked on the side lawn in front of our garage in Granger. Probably around 1970.

Aunt Elaine, Uncle David and cousin Ron Butt (Bursett). Picture was one sent to me while I was on my mission.

Merrill R. Hunt (brother) holding Stacy and Rhonda at our home in Granger while I was on my mission. Note the small TV in the background; also the built-in piano and cabinets above. The picture right of the flowers is me as a baby. A picture of Troyleen is farther right.  
This is the opposite end of Merrill and Vicki's trailer home. Note the large TV on the stand next to their bed.


Stacy Hunt, born while Merrill and Vicki lived in their small travel trailer.

Front row: Tonya Michaelsen, LeeAnn Lavendar, Robert Hunt.
Second row: Max, Fawn, Myrl, Kim & Lorraine.
Third row: Warren, (??), Rajena, Golda & Lloyd.
Fourth row: Coy, (??), and Mont Jensen. 

Out on the welfare farm in Granger:
Left, Pres. BenDixon, Bro. Peterson (Steve's dad), Dayane Johnson (later became our stake president). Gordon Evans (later became stake president after Johnson) is second from the right.

One of my favorite pictures of my mom: Beatrice Lorraine Hunt Magee.

This picture was taken the New Year of 1970 at our home in Granger.
Mom (Lorraine), Trena, Troyleen, friend Mona and Grangpa Albert Butt holding Merrill's new baby, Stacy. Note the semi-wall between them, which was built by dad. He tore out the long hallway wall, changed the entrance and opened everyting up.

Rendall visits with Santa at a Christmas party with the extended Hunt family while I was on my mission.

Trena and Rendall sing (??) at Hunt Christmas party. in the back are Myrl, LeeAnn (on stoll), Jim in back, Fawn on left of pillar and Rajena on right of pillar.

Trena gets her turn with Santa at a Christmas party with the extended Hunt family while I was on my mission.

A precious picture of Grandpa Albert Rufus Butt at their home in Copperton with Trena, Troyleen and Rendall. He was an extremely nice man. I didn't realize until I was older how humble and hard-working and kind he was.

Christmas time at the Hunt home in Granger while I'm on my mission. Mom at left, Trena in white cowboy hat, Troyleen, Rendall in black cowboy hat and Rhonda in her coat. Note the modern look of the place, including the wall picture, left, curtains, orange chairs and lamp. I loved that lamp and chairs. Also, notice the aluminum Christmas tree with the rotating floodlight above.

Easter at the Home home in Granger: Trena, Rhonda and Rendall. Probably 1970.

Family having dinner together while I'm on my mission. Many are wearing shirts that I sent them from Nicaragua.
Left, Rendall, Troyleen, Vicki, Rhonda, Merrill, Grandpa Butt, Trena and dad Warren. Where's Grandma and Mom?

Merrill Hunt, my older brother, poses at our home in Granger. Note the classic curtains and the picture of Dad on the bookcase above.

Trena and a whilte bunny. I don't know the story behind this picture, though it was taken while I was on my mission.

Family poses for a picture they can send to me on my mission. Most are in shirts I sent them from Nicaragua.
Merrill, holding Stacy, Rendall, friend Mona, Rhonda (in front), Trena, Troyleen (in back), Dad Warren and Grandpa Butt.

Another cute picture of my younger sister Troyleen, probably a high school picture.

Troyleen's dress up for Valentine's. Was it for a high school dance?
Note the classic mirror and the reflection of the hanging lamp in the background.

1 comment:

  1. These are really awesome!I haven't seen any of them before. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete