June 19, 2009

From One Gone Ahead

This is a poem written by Kathy Westwood for us after we lost our baby Justin Gabriel Hunt.
From One Gone Ahead

Dear mother, I went on a trip today
to see where I should have stayed.
I stopped in to see the little white crib,
I could tell the arrangements were made.
Eager young faces of sisters and brothers,
Brightness and hope on faces of others.
I wanted to stay, to be part there and grow,
But the time’s not quite right now, I know.
For my Father has asked me, “come back for a while.”
(You’ll miss my bright face and sweet smile)
But a body was all I needed to rise
to heights yet unknown to your eyes.
Dear mom and dear dad, I love you, you see
for making a small special temple for me.
Please don’t be too sad or mourn long for me
I’m going back home to learn at His knee.
I’ll learn well and work hard and when the time’s here
I’ll join with my family, of that don’t you fear.
Tell Maya, Aiden and Rilee,
“Try to be good,” ‘cause I’m up here waitin’.

All my love at this special time,
Nancy Hunt
(Poem Written By Kathy Westwood)

No comments:

Post a Comment