August 10, 2009

On Tuesday morning, Aug. 4th, JoAnn, Nancy, Lee, Michelle and Jay all attended a session at the Spokane LDS Temple. We found out just two days before that we had to have all our white clothes for the temple because it's one of the new smaller ones that don't have clothes rentals. When we arrived at the temple, Jay still had to ask for a white long-sleeve shirt because he couldn't find his or something. It really could have been both Nancy and I who would have arrived and not had anything and would have had to go back to the hotel! The temple worker rounded one up a shirt for Jay -- I'm not sure how. We had a nice small session -- though it was so peaceful and calming that I did have times where I felt like I was dozing off. At least I didn't slow up the session! The temple isn't more than 15 minutes from Jay's. The gardens are beautiful around the front of the temple. Seemed like everything was on the main floor, except the baptistry. Even that you can watch from the main floor windows as the baptisms are done -- though none were being done while we were there.
After the session, we went to lunch at Olive Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment